Cost-effective AWS Service Providers
Amazon Web Services, also recognised as AWS, is a subsidiary of Amazon that provides a cloud-based platform for various services. It is used by several business organizations to seek help for advancing the business by implementing flexible and cost-effective solutions. What are AWS Managed Services?
AWS managed services include Compute, Storage, Migration, Database, etc. There is much more to add here to the list of services.
What does AWS Managed Service Providers do?
They are experts for cloud infrastructure and they use their skills for managing, automating and monitoring the client’s environment.
- Operating System Support: Operating Systems which are supported by AWS Managed Services include Red Hat Enterprise, Amazon Linux, and Microsoft Windows Server.
- Workload: AWS managed services support almost all the workloads that can be run on AWS.
- Application Deployment: For application deployment, three methods are supported i.e. Immutable, Deployment Automation, and Manual.
- Supported AWS services: AWS managed services currently support more than 20 services.
- Industry Standards followed by AWS Managed Services: ITIL.
AWS Managed Service provides the following facilities:
Enlisted below are the various facilities followed by AWS Managed Services:
- Change Management: This facility helps in incorporating the changes easily.
- Incident Management: AWS Managed services continuously monitor the cloud infrastructure for any incident. In case of any failure, it will immediately launch another instance.
- Patch Management: AWS Managed services apply the patches in such a manner so that it will not badly affect the business.
- Access Management: It supports IAM (Identity and Access Management) roles. Hence, there will be no need for multiple authentications.
- Security Management: AWS Managed services help in securing the data.
- Continuity Management: Back up AWS stacks and it can be restored in case of failure.
- Reporting: Get monthly reports & recommendations and based on these reports get maximum out of the services.
Why work with an AWS Managed Service Provider (MSP) Partner?
AWS Managed Service Provider (MSP) Partners provide its customers with full lifecycle solutions in cloud infrastructure and application migration. They offer support in four key areas: plan and design; build and migrate; run and operate, and optimize. AWS MSP Partners receive their designation by undergoing an extensive third-party validation audit that demonstrates next-generation managed service practices.
The cloud allows to trade capital expenses for variable expenses and only pay for IT as it is consumed. And, because of the economies of scale, the variable expenses are much lower than what one would pay to do it themselves. AWS has a set of solutions to help manage and optimize the spend in both the cases: already existing in cloud or migrating.
Most noteworthy, numerous businesses and organizations are facing disruption to their operations, budgets, and revenue, during these unprecedented times. AWS has a set of solutions to help you with cost management and optimization. This includes services, tools, and resources to organize and track cost and usage data, enhance control through consolidated billing and access permission, enable better planning through budgeting and forecasts, and further lower cost with resources and pricing optimizations.
AWS Cost Management Solutions
- Organize and Report Cost and Usage-based on User-Defined Methods: To make informed decisions, one needs complete and near real-time visibility of the cost and usage information. AWS is well equipped with tools to organize the resources based on the requirements, visualize and analyse cost and usage data, and accurately chargeback to appropriate entities. It offers real-time cost data, rather than centrally policing the cost that makes sense to your engineering, application, and business teams. This detailed, allocable cost data allows teams to have the visibility and details to be accountable for the spend.
- Manage Billing and Control Costs: Business and organization leaders need a simple and easy way to access AWS billing information, including a spend summary, a breakdown of all service costs incurred by accounts across the organization, along with discounts and credits. Customer can choose to consolidate the bills and take advantage of higher volume discounts based on aggregated usage across the bills. Leaders also need to set appropriate guardrails in place so it can maintain control over cost, governance, and security. AWS helps organizations balance freedom and control by enabling the government of granular user permission.
- Improved Planning with Flexible Forecasting and Budgeting: Businesses and organizations need to plan and set expectations around cloud costs for the projects, applications, and more. The emergence of the cloud allowed teams to acquire and deprecate resources on an ongoing basis, without relying on teams to approve, procure and install infrastructure. However, this flexibility requires organizations to adapt to the new, dynamic forecasting and budgeting process. AWS provides forecasts based on the cost and usage history and allows to set budget threshold and alerts, so to can stay informed whenever cost and usage are forecasted to or exceeds the threshold limit. It also helps set reservation utilization and/or coverage targets for your Reserved Instances and Savings Plans and monitor how they are progressing towards the target.
- Optimize Costs with Resource and Pricing Recommendations: AWS provides an opportunity to take control of the cost and continuously optimize the spend. There are a variety of AWS pricing models and resources to choose from that meets the requirement for both performance and cost-efficiency, and adjust as needed. When evaluating AWS services for architectural and business needs, it offers the flexibility to choose from a variety of elements, such as operating systems, instance types, availability zones, and purchase options. AWS offers resources optimization recommendations to simplify the evaluation process to efficiently select the cost-optimized resources. It also provides recommendations around pricing models based on the utilization patterns, so it can further drive down the cost without compromising workload performance.