IT Modernization for Technology Upgrade: Embrace it to Remain Competitive
The growing numbers of major business players are accepting the importance of IT modernization in transition for improvement in day-to-day operations, decision making, quality management, cost control, delivery, risk management customer satisfaction, and in other business process areas etc. As the competitive challenges are getting more complex in different domains like technology advancement, continuous innovation, changing customer behavior, volatile marketplace, new regulations, rising operational cost etc., IT modernization for technology upgrade has become the need of the hour for every growth-oriented business.
What Is IT Technology Modernization?
IT modernization is a holistic approach to unlock the growth potential by incorporating advanced IT platforms into the existing system; IT modernization approach addresses multiple concerns aligned to migration to the cloud, agility, delivery time, rebuilding applications, user experience, performance, security, middleware upgrade, data security, policy enforcement etc. When the current integration system fails in providing necessary agility for a must-have digital transformation, IT modernization becomes a necessity. Every business needs to adapt the IT changes to retain and improve competitive abilities because of the evolvement of new technologies.
7 key Benefits of IT modernization- The Importance:
IT Modernization drives in transitional changes in IT applications, infrastructure, services, customer support etc. to re-engineering the business processes in the line of identified needs and goals. Six key IT modernization benefits, experienced by most organizations, include:
- Improved staff efficiencies
- Increased IT agility
- Increased revenue
- Improved security
- Better managed services to face competitive challenges
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Reduced operational costs
When Do You Need IT modernization?
Ok, there are multiple benefits of IT modernization but do you need to invest in it. To decide right, just think:
- Is your existing IT infrastructure good for the agile enterprise environment?
- Are you fully assured of following the best practices for data management and security within the existing infrastructure?
- Does your existing IT infrastructure support cloud applications?
- Do you often miss investment opportunities that could have been a growth booster for your organization?
- Do you often face problems because of the slow IT projects delivery?
- Do you feel, the operational cost is comparatively high because of rigid IT systems?
If you feel the same in any of the above or other operational, profitability, growth, and competency areas, you should outsource strategic IT modernization services customized to address all your concerns.
Six Critical Areas of IT Modernization:
- Cloud adoption- Integration of SaaS applications like Salesforce
- ERP upgrades – SAP migration like the implementation of SAP S/4HANA
- VAN replacement- For B2B communication improvement, control, and costs management
- System consolidation – For merger or acquisition to eliminate overlapping processes and systems
- System migration – Upgrading the existing system to an advanced platform
- EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) implementation – For seamless authorized transfer of data and documents across the organization
Six Strategies for IT Modernization:
- Customer First: Deliver the best values to benefit the end-user.
|Why do we need IT modernization right now?
What the problems will IT modernization resolve?
How will IT modernization improve values for customers?
- Simple Architecture: Standardization of codes and integrations enable the systems to perform better without having bespoke complex designs.
|How can we simplify existing technology, systems, and the environment?
Is the current environment flexible enough to accommodate new needs?
Do we have a properly integrated system for authorized & managed data access & functionality?
- Design for Speed with Flexibility: Modern organizations need to adapt an ever-changing environment; so, the existing systems must have the flexibility.
|Why the existing system is constraining the speed?
Can we change the directions and processes to improve delivery while managing the risks?
What do the previously accommodated changes suggest for future designs?
- Engagement with Culture & Workforce: The changes in technology must be embraced by the users.
|How will the new IT systems help the users?
Is the existing workforce ready to adapt the IT modernization changes? What skills will they need to work in a new environment?
What will be the cultural changes to be adopted by the workforce?
- Organize Capabilities For Long-Term Benefits: A short-term focus often distracts the efforts for building the capabilities for long-term goals.
|What are the critical capabilities you need to improve the best values for the customers?
How will the IT modernization develop the missing capabilities?
Which technology and vendor do fit the best to improve the critical capabilities?
- Be Agile for IT Modernization: Divide the IT modernization process into small deliveries release processes in line with the planned release cycle.
|How will IT modernization benefit the concerned stakeholders?
How will advanced analytics improve their knowledge and efficiency?
How should we change the approach for improvement without disturbing ongoing processes?
Role of IT Service Providers for Modernization of IT Services:
Even today, the majority of Public sector enterprises spend almost 80 % of total IT budgets for maintaining the legacy applications that often limit their abilities to stay competitive for the ever-changing challenges of the global marketplace. According to Gartner’s emerging Technology Roadmap for Large Enterprises (2019-2021), IT business leaders see the must-have values in the adoption of advanced technologies especially in the following areas:
- Digital workplace
- On-premise, hybrid & public compute and storage
- On the cloud storage
The majority of CIOs realize the need for information technology transformation but the absence of professionally designed roadmap for IT modernization often restricts them to take the first step. Here comes the role of IT service providers like SPM Global Technologies.
An ITSM company, with a specialization in IT modernization, offers a suite of objective-oriented services and feasible solutions supported by the advanced tools and technologies to help the businesses modernize the existing IT systems cost-effectively in a seamless manner. The scope of comprehensive IT modernization solutions covers the following critical domains:
- Application modernization – Re-engineering, Re-hosting, development, upgrades, integration, package implementation
- Platform modernization – Operating system modernization, database modernization, re-hosting
- Infrastructure modernization – Data center consolidation, Cloud, virtualization
- Business process modernization – Shared services and process optimization
- Modernizing mainframes – Upgrading to an advanced mainframe system
- Securing ecosystem – Integrating data-loss prevention tools
By hiring a proficient IT modernization services company with proven credibility, you can rely to:
- Have a data-driven understanding of the existing application portfolio that helps you strategize an IT applications modernization roadmap to target data conversions and application source codes
- Refactoring, consolidate or re-purpose the existing legacy applications to match with current business requirements, emerging market challenges and changing customer needs
- Embrace the Cloud environment in an effective way by migrating the existing service-oriented apps, virtualized apps, build cloud-native, API fore-fronted connectivity, or ‘lift and shift’ legacy to an advanced Cloud platform
- Explore performance improvement opportunities for DevOps and Agile projects
- Find scope for improving the user experience
- Implement ‘Platform as a Services (PaaS)’ or ‘Software as a Service (SaaS)’ based solutions
- Improve data protection and advance application access management
- Incorporate next-gen application development procedures
- Embrace advance technologies like AI, ML, Mobile Applications, Managed Code, IoT, Big Data Analytics etc for digital transformation
Because of the advent of new technologies and methodologies faster than ever before, IT modernization has become imperative for businesses to remain in the race. IT modernization services provider designs a tailor-made roadmap to help you modernize technology workflows, products, and to optimize overall IT management that delivers multiple benefits in operational, performance, user experience, growth, and competitive arenas.