Salesforce Omnichannel: Integrated Routing Of Service Requests to Improve Customer Satisfaction
Salesforce Lightning, a component-based framework for responsive app development offered by Salesforce.com, simplifies the processes for the business analysts, enterprise architects, task analysts and other business users not having adequate programming experience. Lightning is a suite of tools and technologies, and, Omnichannel in Service Console is one of those. Tracking of all the support requests and incoming information through multiple channels often becomes a complex task—but it shouldn’t be so. Service Cloud consolidates all the channels into the Service Console helping all the business users to support the customers irrespective of the channel through which they forwarded their request. It is a space where Omni-Channel comes in. Salesforce Omni-Channel routes the ‘work items’ to the available and suitable support agents using the predefined routing criteria.
Three Cs Empower Omnichannel to Benefit All Size Businesses:
- Consistent: Consistent service support across all the channels
- Connected: Unified connectivity with customers through a single CRM
- Complete: Complete engagement irrespective to channel used by customers
Globally Accepted Importance of Omnichannel:
According to Zendesk report, 66% of B2B and 52% of B2C customers stop trusting a brand to buy just because of not feeling happy with service interaction. On the other side, buyers who are happy with service interaction tend to spend 17% more on the same brand. Companies having Omnichannel integrated experience 51.5% improvement in overall customers’ satisfaction rating. 68% of online buyers use multiple channels to interact with a brand; and, Omnichannel creates a big picture on the basis of inputs received through different channels minimizing the silos in customers’ satisfaction. Have a look at more statistics that certify the importance of empowering business users with Omni-Channel:
- Businesses using the Omni-Channel strategy achieve 91% better customer retention rates year-over-year compared to businesses that don’t. (Aspect Software)
- Almost 35% of customers like the same customer support representative on a particular channel to address their concerns. (Zendesk)
- Businesses with Omni-Channel customer engagement policy succeeded to retain almost 89% of customers. (Aberdeen Group)
Eleven Salient Benefits of Lightning Omnichannel You Can’t Ignore:
- Helps to track how much time an agent spends on a particular case
- Helps to track how many cases were declined by an agent
- Helps to depute the best agent for a particular case
- Presents real-time details of queues, work items and agents
- Helps to connect customers with support professionals using multiple channels
- Improves the efficiency of the contact center to make the customers happier
- Gives a holistic picture of a customer in interaction
- Agents can set their availability to receive new cases
- Helps the businesses route the cases based on priority, old item first, agents’ availability, agents’ capacity
- Helps the service managers to monitor waiting period, numbers of open cases, agents’ load, capacity of agents to take on more cases
- Faster and smarter customer service at a reduced operational cost
Ten Quick Steps- How to Set up Omnichannel in Salesforce Lightning:
Salesforce Lightning Omni-Channel supports routing for cases, chats, SOS video calls, knowledge articles, social posts, orders, leads, custom objects etc. The routing configuration is 100% customizable. Following ten steps will help you to set up Omnichannel and empower your business users to address your customers’ concerns quickly in a better way:
- Access Omni-Channel through the Setup menu in Salesforce, enable Omni-Channel and save.
- Create ‘New’ in Service Channels and name it; and choose the corresponding object for this channel.
- Create and name the ‘Presence Statuses’ available for the agents for selection; select the Service Channels for each Presence Status.
- Navigate to Routing Configurations; fix the Routing Model out of Least Active, Most Available, and External Routing options after fixing the size of work items. Now ‘Save’ your inputs.
- Create a ‘New’ Presence Configuration and name it. Here you find number of options to manage the agents’ roles and scope like capacity, automatically accept requests, decline requests, request sound. Here you can add the agents by name or by profile.
- Access ‘Queues’ in the setup menu. Create ‘Queues’ and assign the routing configurations.
- Now, go to App Manager in the Setup menu. Click at ‘Edit’ and then click ‘Utility Bar’ that appears in ‘App Settings’. Click at ‘Add’. Choose Omni-Channel and ‘Save’.
- Now, access to Profiles and create a permission set for the agents. Add the relevant ‘Presence Statuses’ to the box of ‘Enabled Service Presence Statuses’ column and ‘Save’.
- Lastly, Edit the chat button, and customize ‘Routing Type’ to Omnichannel.
- Ensure that the authorized agents have ‘Live Agent User’ status ‘on’ in their user account.
FAQs for Omni-Channel Feature In Salesforce Lightning- All That You May Want to Know:
Q: Do I need to code for the Omnichannel set up?
You don’t need to do coding to enjoy Omni-Channel benefits with Salesforce Lightning.
Q: What are the “Work Items”?
Work Items are the records routed via Omni-Channel whether these are leads, cases, or other. Omnichannel set up allows you to set the capacity for each work item.
Q: How does Omni-Channel determine “Capacity”?
Omni-Channel understands the capacity of an agent on the basis of the number of primary tabs opened in the Console. If an agent’s Capacity is set to “5”, and each Work Item is of worth “1”, Omni-Channel will pass the records until the particular agent has 5 primary tabs open.
Q: How does Omni-Channel work for agents?
Omni-Channel like a widget sits inactive in the footer of the Console until a Work Item arrives. On the receipt of Work Item, the Omni-Channel automatically pops up to alert the agent about the new record.
Q: How does Lightning Omnichannel help Administrators?
It facilitates the Administrators to distribute workload according to employee availability, skill set, and capacity to manage the assigned task.
Q: How does Lightning Omnichannel help the organizations to improve employees’ efficiency?
It provides insights for how much time the employees spend on handling a particular work, how long they remain at a certain status, how they tend to accept or decline the work. These analytics guide the organizations to diagnose, react, plan, train the employees to fix problem faster.
Q: In which editions of Salesforce, Omnichannel tool is available?
Omni-Channel, a customer service feature of Salesforce, is integrated with Professional, Performance, Unlimited, Essentials, Developer and Enterprise editions.
Salesforce Lightning Omni-Channel is being used increasingly to route the work requests to the best qualified and available support agents listed in the console. Omnichannel can be set up for Administrators and Supervisors separately with customized functionalities according to job roles. The scope of Omnichannel covers all the aspects of the customer lifecycle including websites, live chats, social media, follow-up emails, in-person assistance, and phone calls etc. A recent Salesforce research survey revealed that 85% of customers are willing to share more information about themselves to get proactive customer service and 81% of customers accept to share more information about themselves to get personalized consultative help from the salespeople. So, why are you missing the sales and growth opportunities by not personalizing and improving customer service?