Use Salesforce Lightning in Soap API to Create Field Service Records
Do you want to use field service lightning in Salesforce Soap API? Well, before implementing the solution, you should know the details of Salesforce SOAP API, object relationship diagram, and field service lightning objects in Soap API. This will help to guide your implementation decision.
What is Salesforce SOAP API?
SOAP API delivers a strong, appropriate, and simple SOAP-based web services interface for interacting with Salesforce. It stands for Simple Object Access Protocol, which you can use to create, retrieve, update, and delete records. SOAP APIs help to perform searches in any language, supporting web services. The messaging protocol specification facilitates structured information exchange in the adoption of web services in computer networks.
How to use the SOAP API in Salesforce?
- Generating a WSDL file for an organization
- Using Soap UI for creating a SOAP project from the WSDL file
- Log in to Trailhead Playground through SOAP API
- Building an account using SOAP API
What is Field Service Lightning in SOAP API?
Field Service Lightning is created on a set of standard objects in the SOAP API relating to each other in diverse ways. The objects function as the basis of the Field Service Lightning succeeded package and mobile application. Using the SOAP API facilitates creating, retrieving, updating, and deleting field service records, like work orders, service appointments, and tailored objects.
The subsequent object relationship diagrams & reference information can help you to guide your implementation decisions.
- Lightning Core Data Model
To complete significant field service tasks, you can use core objects of Field Service Lightning such as work order management, service zone demarcation, and workforce tracking.
- Lightning Inventory Management Data Model
You can use Salesforce Lightning’s inventory objects for tracking the storage, request, consumption, return, and retreat of items in inventory.
- Lightning Preventive Maintenance Data Model
Further, you can manage periodic maintenance through the maintenance plans, defining the maintenance schedule for particular assets. A maintenance plan usually reflects the terms in a client service contract or entitlements.
- Lightning Pricing Data Model
You can link work orders to products or assets in your organization for tracking product pricing and accomplishing work on the installed products of your clients.
- Lightning SOAP API Objects
Most of the SOAP API objects used in Field Service Lightning are accessible if enabled. Some objects are entirely focused on field service, while others are used for an assortment of drives in the Salesforce.
- Additional Lightning Objects
Several Field Service lightning objects support history tracking or allocation, and thus have associated history & sharing objects in the SOAP API.
What are SOAP API Objects used in Salesforce Field Service Lightning?
Most SOAP API objects used in Field Service Lightning are accessible if enabled. Some objects are completely focused on field service, while others are used for an assortment of purposes in Salesforce. The subsequent SOAP API objects are used in Salesforce Field Service Lightning.
- Address – Signifies a mailing, billing, or home address.
- App Extension – Represents a connection between the Field Service Lightning mobile application and an added application for passing record data to the Salesforce mobile application or other applications. This object is presented in the API 41.0 version and later.
- Asset – Embodies an item of commercial value, including a product sold by your firm or a competitor that has been purchased and installed by a customer.
- Asset Relationship – Embodies a non-hierarchical association between assets owing to the replacement, upgrading, or other situations.
- Assigned Resource – Exemplifies a service resource assigned to a service selection in Field Service Lightning & Lightning Scheduler. Allotted resources appear in the Assigned Resources allied list on service schedules. This object is accessible in 38.0 API versions & later.
- Associated Location – Denotes a relationship between an account and a Field Service Lightning location. You can connect manifold accounts with one single location. For instance, a shopping center location could have several client accounts.
- Digital Signature – This denotes a signature seized on a service report in field service.
- Mobile Settings – Exemplifies a conformation of settings controlling the Field Service Lightning iOS & Android mobile application involvement. This object is presented in API version 38.0 & later.
- Linked Article – Characterizes an information article attached to a work order, line item, or work type available in API version 37.0 & later.
- Location – Embodies a warehouse, service vehicle, worksite, or an added component of the region where your team executes field service work. In API version 49.0 & later, one can relate activities with specific locations. Accomplishments, like the tasks & events associated with a location, appear in the activities timeline while viewing the location detail page.
- Maintenance Asset – Exemplifies an asset enclosed by a maintenance plan in field service linked to diverse maintenance plans.
- Maintenance Plan – Denotes a protective maintenance plan for several assets in field service.
- Mobile Settings Assignment – Signifies the assignment of specific field service mobile settings conformation to a user profile available in API version 41.0 & later.
- Operating Hours – Embodies the time in which a service area, resource, or account is presented for field service work in Salesforce Lightning Scheduler. The object is accessible in API 38.0 & later versions.
- Product Consumed – Characterizes an item from your list used for completing a work order line item in field service.
- Product Item – Symbolizes the stock of a specific product at an exact location in field service, like storing all bolts in your core warehouse.
- Product Item Transaction – Demonstrates an act taken on a product item in field service. The Product item transaction constitutes an auto-generated record that you can track while product item is replaced, consumed, or accustomed.
- Product Request – Embodies an order for parts in field service.
- Product Required – Denotes a product required to accomplish a work order line item in field service.
- Product Transfer – Signifies the relocation of inventory amongst field service locations.
- Resource Absence – Exemplifies a period, in which a service resource is unavailable to work in Field Service Lightning & Lightning Scheduler. You can get the object in API version 38.0 & later.
- Return Order – Embodies the return or repair of an inventory or product in field service accessible in API version 42.0 & later.
To know more about Salesforce Lighting for creating field service records, get in touch with one of the proficient cloud hosting experts of SPM Global Technologies at 9739380513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.